The Aquatics and Recreation Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the Rocking Horse Ranch Resort Aquatics, Recreation, and Winter Fun Park operations.
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge in lifeguarding, recreational activities, and safety and first aid. The Aquatics and Recreation Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the following facilities: Big Splash Indoor Water Park, seasonal Outdoor Pools, Mountain Tubing, Rock Climbing Wall, Euro Bungee, seasonal Lake Activities (paddle boats, kayaks, water skiing and banana boats), Sport Courts, Winter Fun Park (seasonal skiing, ice skating and snow tubing), Arcade, and indoor children’s play area.
The Aquatics and Recreation Supervisor is expected to directly carry out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel in accordance with Rocking Horse Ranch policies and New York State applicable laws, including but not limited to: training employees and team building; planning, assigning, and directing work; auditing and evaluating performance; participating in staff meetings; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversee the completion of daily required company and state operating inspections and checklists.
- Directs and supervises daily operations to meet company objectives and standards.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with staff and guests.
- Implements continuous improvement processes. Monitors and evaluates the guest service and satisfaction in all areas.
- Proactively address guest needs by answering questions, assisting, and providing information regarding the resort, activities, and surrounding area.
- Enforce policies, rules, and regulations for guests and staff.
- Recognize and respond effectively in all situations, document all incidents.
- Participate and facilitate all Ellis and Associates Lifeguard training, including lifeguard classes, audits, in service training, and attractions training.
- Maintains upkeep and cleanliness of all guest areas.
- Responds to First Aid calls for guests and staff, and acts according to Ellis and Associates First Aid protocol.
- Completes daily paperwork including: First Aid reports, Opening and Closing Inspections of all facilities, inventory, and training documentation.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as needed or assigned by management.
- Minimum of three years recent work experience in a Recreation or Aquatics leadership position.
- Current Ellis and Associates Lifeguard or Instructors a plus; will train the right candidate
- Must have open availability, 40+ hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Adhere to all Rocking Horse Ranch employee guidelines.
- Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment.
Physical Demands Include:
- Ability to swim 200 yards.
- Perform work that may involve lifting, loading, unloading guests, 100lbs or more.
- Extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting.
- May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, heat, cold, rain, snow, for extended periods.
This is a full-time year-round position with competitive wage and benefit package, as well as a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, supplemental insurance, 401k and profit sharing, vacation and sick/personal time.
Go to all jobs