Utility Workers perform routine maintenance activities as needed to get SplashDown Beach open for the season. This is an entry-level position with no supervisory responsibilities; however, an experienced Utility Worker has the potential to become part of the Maintenance or Landscaping and Grounds Departments. This position communicates directly with the Director of Facilities.
- Assist with getting SplashDown Beach open for the season, as well as potential to move into Maintenance, Janitorial or Grounds departments for the duration of the season.
- Cleans park sidewalks, staircases, slide attractions, structural siding and park furniture.
- Paints park sidewalks, fencing, structural walls, siding, trim and molding as well as staining wood structures and materials.
- Assist in maintaining all tools, equipment, buildings, fences, furniture, rope and netting.
- Operates gas powered equipment that includes blowers, lawn mowers, trimmers, chainsaws, weed-eaters and pressure washers.
- Handles construction related tools and materials to create or patch areas that include sidewalks, walls, steps, fences and foundations.
- Assists the grounds team members with watering plant material, deadheading flowers and lawn maintenance.
- Works with the Maintenance team to perform routine filter/cartridge cleaning.
- Willing to assist in other areas of park operations.
- All Splashdown Beach staff is required to assist in maintaining park cleanliness and ensuring guest safety.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Personal drive, action-oriented, quick learner.
- Ability to thrive in a busy, fast-paced team environment as well as work independently.
- Training on all equipment, power tools and water attractions will be provided to the right candidate.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexible Schedule. Must be prepared to work weekends and holidays.
Position is full-time seasonal
Go to all jobs