Fishkill, NY 12524
Salary: $24,300.00 to $29,700.00 /year
Grounds team members work alongside Park Projects staff while working directly with our management staff. They are responsible for maintaining the overall park appearance during park operations. This position focuses on a wide variety of projects relating to landscaping, planting, cultivating, irrigation, pruning, mulching, and weeding and lawn maintenance.
- Cleans off park walkways, slide towers, cabana area and main driveway prior to opening.
- Applies water to flowers, trees, grasses, shrubs and lawns daily.
- Maintains overall appearance of plant material by feeding, deadheading and pruning frequently.
- Provides proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters and other grounds features.
- Cares for established lawns by mulching, weeding, trimming and edging around flower beds, walkways and walls.
- Mixes and spreads fertilizers, herbicides, and insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees.
- Operates gas-powered equipment that includes blowers, lawn mowers, trimmers, chainsaws, weed-eaters and pressure washers.
- Performs regular maintenance and minor repairs on the lawn care equipment and tools.
- Organizes the grounds storage unit of tools, materials and equipment.
- Assists the Park Projects team members with the painting and cleaning of park sidewalks and attractions.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, training programs as required.
- Willing to assist other areas of park operations such as parking, bag check security, main gate operations, locker rentals, arcade, and slide attendants as needed.
- All Splashdown Beach staff is required to assist in maintaining park cleanliness and ensuring guest safety.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Personal drive, action-oriented, quick learner.
- Ability to observe and analyze safety situations and determine appropriate course of action.
- Ability to thrive in a busy, fast-paced team environment as well as work independently.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, multi-tasking, planning and problem solving skills.
- Training on all equipment, power tools, and water attractions will be provided to the right candidate.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexible Schedule. Must be prepared to work weekends and holidays.
Go to all jobs