Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, an award-winning family friendly resort located in Highland, NY, is seeking a skilled Maintenance Foreman to take charge of the facility upkeep and operations. The applicant must continue the Rocking Horse tradition of fastidiously maintaining the buildings on the property as well as others owned by the resort.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- minimum of 5 years previous experience in managing a maintenance team
- minimum of 10 years previous experience working hands on in a commercial building setting
- Basic to advanced knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, pumps and motors
- Capable of interacting pleasantly with resort guests
- High level of communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various jobs
- Knowledge of material and supply inventory, purchasing and budget controls
- Have formal OSHA training
- Attention to personal grooming / hygiene
- Flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends, possible overnights, and on-call scenarios
- Physical capacity to navigate around a 100+ acre resort with mountain activities and diverse weather conditions. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Range of Responsibilities
- Oversee day to day routines, inspections and repairs
- Oversee annual preventive maintenance schedule
- Create, implement and train staff in operating and repair procedures
- Supervise all contractor and vendor relations.
- Participate in repairs and maintenance
- Control inventory, purchasing and shop cleanliness and stock
Go to all jobs