We are a family owned and managed water park searching for an experienced Waterpark Manager who shares in the philosophy of exceedingguest expectations through excellence in park management. Thewater park was initially built in 1982 and has undergone more than 20 milliondollars in renovations over the last 10 years. Candidatemust be experienced in ALL aspects of park operations; must be comfortable inthe Wave Pool pump house as well as operational meetings reviewing park safety,facility management and maintenance. The Assistant General Manager will beexpected to grow deep roots into our organization as we further develop thisproperty.
· Supervises,coordinates and directs all team members in waterpark operation, maintenanceand security of park facilities, and grounds.
· Participatesin the preparation of departmental goals and action plans; evaluates progresstoward accomplishment of assigned objectives.
· Oversightand development of the waterpark’s operational budget; reviews and makesrecommendations for the purchase of equipment, materials and supplies; preparesforecasts of revenues and expenditures.
· Leadsdaily facility safety inspections for compliance with waterpark StandardOperating Procedures and NYS DOH & DOL.
· ensures appropriate staff training and in-service programs.
· Respondsto guest complaints and ensures their positive resolution.
· Managespersonnel including staff appointments, transfers, payroll, discipline;prepares performance evaluations, for subordinates and evaluates theirwork.
· ManagesPoint of Sale system, inventory and revenue collection by programming users,fees, programs and completing daily reports.
· Monitorswaterpark facility contracts and food concessionaires.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, minimumof 3 years of waterpark management experience required
· Experience in waterparkadministration, operations and mechanical spaces
· CPO certification preferred
· Ability to prioritize tasks and handlenumerous assignments simultaneously
· Personal drive, action-oriented, quicklearner
· Ability to thrive in a busy,fast-paced team environment as well as work independently
· Exceptional organization, attention todetail and strong ability to follow-up
· Must possess excellent communicationskills, multi-tasking, planning and problem solving skills
· Experience using software programssuch as Microsoft Word and Excel
· Flexible schedule; Weekends andHolidays are a must during operating season