Trail riding guide with helpful hints and policies
Rocking Horse Ranch is home to one of the largest saddle horse operations in North America, where each horse receives exceptional care and training. It is important to note that there are inherent risks associated with being around animals. Proper conduct is necessary to ensure the safety of our guests, staff and horses. Below are some important guidelines for guest participation.
1. All riders must be at least 48” tall and at least 7 years of age to participate in a trail ride.
2. There is a standard weight limit of 300lbs per rider. This is for the safety of the the horse. If you are unsure about your weight, we have a scale available at the stables.
3. Please note that there are limited horses available to accommodate riders over 250 pounds.
4. Before joining us on a trail ride, all riders must sign a waiver. Guests under the age of 18 require the signature of a consenting adult.
5. All riders under the age of 18 must wear a helmet as required by New York State law. In addition, we recommended all riders to wear a CHA certified helmet and provide them free of charge at the stables.
6. You should not ride if you: have neck back or bone injuries; have heart trouble or high blood pressure; are pregnant; have had recent surgery or a pre-existing illness.
7. There is no cell phone use or picture taking while on the trail rides. Riders will need both hands free and available to properly control the horse.
8. Guided trail rides are approximately 1-hour long and can include winding, steep hills. Proper attire is required.
-Long pants are recommended
-No open toe shoes, flip flops or bare feet are permitted.
9. No food, drinks, or extra baggage (such as backpacks) are permitted on a ride. If you require any of these for medical purposes, please notify a manager at the stables prior to mounting a horse.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at email@example.com.